General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas eve

I found a ball of Tahki Yarns' Poppy in the bottom of a long abandoned knitting bag last night and worked it up into a scarf while watching A Tale of Two Cities (1935 version). Some how I'd never managed to see this movie before and I was facinated by Madame Defarge's knitting. I couldn't figure out if she was faking it or not. At first it didn't really look like she was really knitting but then a little while later there was a close up scene and I swear that she was. Anyone have any idea about the actress's knitting skills? Besides the knitting, I throughly enjoyed the Miss Pross and Madame Defarge fight scene. How hilarious!

Anyway, what a bear to work with this yarn! You either have to make sure that the little squirkles stick out as you go or give up the whole idea and pull out the little squirkles that next morning while laying in bed listening to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone read by Jim Dale. I did the latter! :)

1 skein Tahki Yarns Poppy Color 001
1 set size 11 straight needles
crochet hook to help pull out the little squirkles

Cast on 10 stitches
Knit every row until you get near the end of the yarn
Cast off Loosely
Use crochet hook to free squirles from their little stitch prisions

squirkle scarf

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks a bit like my scarf. Don't you just love colors?

My precious........

"Gollum"

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home