General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Saturday, January 01, 2005

future felted object

I also picked up some Lopi. I tried to get this yarn interpreted at the Yarn Interpretive Center (see post below) but alas, they couldn't do it. ;) I've been really wanting to try felting and I thought this might be a good yarn to use. Any hints from anyone about how this yarn felts up? Any suggestions on the type of object I should try to knit and felt?

future felted object

In other knitting news I also finished the rust and brown cable scarf on the drive. It is currently blocking but I'll put a picture up as soon as its ready.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lopi felts beautifully. I have made many, many pairs of felted slippers with it. It sheds a fair amount so for the safety of your washer it works best to felt things in a zippered pillow case or something. I liked the finished texture a litte better when I could do them in the open water tho.

12:52 PM  
Blogger General Ginger said...

Thanks for the tip! I will have to dig through the linen closet for a zippered pillowcase. I can't wait to get started on this but alas, those socks won't wait! :)

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Mariam Weber said...

Loved readingg this thank you

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home