General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Monday, January 03, 2005

on the needles

It got a lot easier to work this sock after the cast on and first few rounds. I found a rhythm and have managed to get several inches knit. I enjoy how this yarn pulls from the skein, not too much and not too little. It was hard to believe at first that this entire skein of yarn was for only one sock. Now, however, after having worked several rows I see how this is true. I also love the colors of this yarn! The pebbly effect is gorgeous.

wildfoote sock continued

This practice sock is going very well. The toothpicks seem to be doing their job and I'm pretty much knitting as I normally would. I'm bound and determined learn the kitchner stitch on this sock but am hoping that I can find someone who can show me how it is done when the time comes.

I'm off to the LYS later today to pick up those number 4 circulars that I need to finish the orienteering hat. When I started back knitting last year (or was it two years ago now?) I focused on one project at a time and this seemed to work out pretty well. Now I feel like I've got a lot of projects going at one time and I'm feeling a bit over whelmed. Fun, relaxation, and comfort knitting, these are what I'm going for today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home