General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

wips - felted bags

I'm whipping up a couple of felted bags this week. I still have a pile of knitted bags that need to be felted. I'm going to try to get to the laundromat this weekend to throw them all in at one time.

This little bag is a made up pattern from some Italian yarn called Lane Borgosesia, 85% Shetland Wool and 15% mohair. Oddly enough the color is called Loden. But this is as far from deep olive green as I've ever seen. Its really blue. But its a very pretty blue and I'm enjoying knitting it up. I've know idea how mohair felts but I thought I'd give it a go. Anyone have experience felting this combination of wool and mohair?


I've also got another Lopi bag in the works this time in a lovely, cheery bright red. I need to work on the icord handles though and for some odd reason I can't seem to find my double pointed needles. I know they're around here somewhere....



I'm seriously considering knitting St. Brigid from Aran Knitting by Alice Starmore. Vicki's is so beautiful and I tend to go over and visit her's from time to time. Since Webs is having a Cascade 220 sale do I really have any excuse not to?

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

I love coming to your blog -- the pictures are such a treat. Pictures of a St. Brigid in progress would be way cool! Man, that's a great sale.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

The wool/mohair blend will halo when it felts. The mohair doesn't tend to felt, but it gets trapped as the wool felts. So it kind of sticks out. If you don't like the fuzz, you can shave it with a disposable razor.
M

10:39 AM  
Blogger sturdygirl said...

The content of your Lane Borgesia is the same as Lamb's Pride, so it should felt very nicely. Did you get your non-felting buttonhole bag to finallly felt? I got some stuff from the Webs sale too - they are definitely a temptation!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home