General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Thursday, April 07, 2005

thanks

Thank you all for giving me some advise on my nonfelting bag. Part of the problem may in fact be that I have a front loading washer. I don't think that it gets as much agitation as a regular washer nor can I control the water level. I can't open the thing to check on it and there is no window so I can't tell whats going on in there! I've had to give my lovely knitted objects up to the fates that it will all come out in the wash. ;) But this time its sure acting out. I'm going to give it another go with some of your suggestions.

I ran across this cute picture while surfing the web for interesting knitting tidbits. Its from a pet sitting website in Massachusetts.


knitting girl with dog

2 Comments:

Blogger Miriam said...

Woah! That's your problem right there! Front Loading washers most definitely don't give enough agitation to felt knitted goods. I tried felting a bunch of stuff at my sister's in her front loader... no matter how many times I tried, it wouldn't work. I would suggest taking a trip to the laundromat to just do a load. Maybe make some more felted bags first, so it justifies the money spent on the machine.
M

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd give exactly the same advice as Miriam. I have a front loader too and it will not felt. Took several bags to the laundromat and had felting success! Good luck - cute bag!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home