General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Saturday, March 12, 2005

snakes & spiders

I finally got a picture of an FO from some time ago that I wanted to share with you all. This snake actually started out life as a worm from Knitting Pretty by Kris Percival. This little book has several wonderful patterns in it suitable for all levels of knitters. I encourage you to check it out. This worm is a very easy project and is suitable for beginners. The stockinette stitch has a naturally rolling edge that gives it its shape.


I knitted it for the same little boy for whom I knitted the spider. I thought I was doing the right thing by knitting a nice, sweet, docile looking and non intimidating worm. Boy was I ever wrong! Immediately my gift was turned into a vicious, striking snake sent to destroy all little boys. He has been nearly constantly played with for which my knitting heart is truly grateful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

SSssssuper SSSsssssnake!

I always try to remember that saying that says which snakes are poisonous. I think it goes something like: Yellow on black is bad for jack, Yellow on Red is good for Fred.

Wait a second that does not sound right. Hang on let me open another browser and see if I can find the ryme.

Ok I found it:
Red on Yellow Kill a fellow, Red on Black a friend of Jack.

Alright I was a little off. Your snake is in the clear. Also I think all girls are safe since the ryme only talks about fellows and some guy named Jack. 8)

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

General Ginger knitted this fabulous snake scarf for my son and it has been a wonderful toy. It has been an evil snake, a good dragon, a catipillar, worm, eel, alien, puppet, pillow, jump rope, lasso... basically everything except a scarf. We love this snake and the fabulous gal who knitted him!

10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally cool project. I love it!

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home