General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Friday, March 18, 2005

more socks

Not much knitting this week. Its been a pretty long week. I did get fairly far on this sock during an eight hour stint of helping out at an orienteering event recently.


I'd wanted to knit the cascading leaves socks but I didn't understand one of the acronyms in the instructions so I decided to just knit a regular ol' basic socks. Item number 452 to carry in my knitting bag: knitting acronyms key.

Thank you all for your lovely comments about my sockapalooza sock. Looks like the recipient, Lori (who is blogless), loved them. I'm so glad!

1 Comments:

Blogger KarenK said...

I've done the "Cascading Leaves" socks - I'll bet it's the "slip 1, k1, psso" that did it? Ignore that and do a SSK instead. (Slip, slip, knit, work two stitches together into one, resulting in a left-slanting decrease. The ssk is the mirror of the k2tog. Slip first stitch on left needle as if to knit. Slip next stitch on left needle as if to knit. Insert tip of left needle in the front through both slipped stitches. Wrap yarn around tip of right needle and then knit these two stitches together.)

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home