General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Lindbergh & swatch

Did you know that Charles Lindbergh made his very first solo flight in Americus, Georgia? Apparently he roadtripped on down there to pick up a used WWI plane cheap. He stayed around for a bit and had about 20 hours of flight instruction. He did hang out for about a week to practice his take offs and landings. The solo flight at Souther field happened in May 1923 and it was just four years later that he made his famous flight from New York to Paris in the Spirit of St. Louis. Of course there is a monument in his honor.



Any guesses about what I swatched for on my day trip to the backwoods south?

4 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Does this swatch have anything to do with your fair project?

5:55 PM  
Blogger General Ginger said...

Valerie, you've hit the nail on the head. Colleen, LOL! No, I can't say I've heard any of the rumors but, of course, I'm not from around here.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I have no idea what you swatched for, but I bet it's going to be something good.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

Hey, Ms. General, that looks familiar!! Oooh, I'm excited! It looks great (is it measuring up?).

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home