General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

FO cotton bag

I picked up some sale cotton yarn, Idena Big Cotton Sport, at the LYS last week that was screaming to be turned into this bag. The color is actually a bit more salmon than my monitor shows. I created this simple design using a sand stitch (RS K1, P1; WS K). I'm going to staighten it out with a bit of blocking but I couldn't resist showing ya'll a picture.



I'm also trying to decide if I should line the bag. I don't much care for sewing but I'm afraid that the bag will be less practical if I don't line it. I usually see some groovy sewn item and rush out to try to replicate it only to realize that I really can't stand all the steps involved in sewing. Perhaps some of you have a secret trick for lining the bag? An easy way to do it?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very very cute bag, but what I like even more is the sand stitch. I didn't know anything about it. Thanks!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

That bag looks awesome. I love the stitch pattern and the color is gorgeous!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I love the bag! The color and stitch pattern is so pretty!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Great bag! I'm keeping the sand stitch in mind for future projects. Good luck on the lining.

12:07 PM  
Blogger the knitrider said...

hmm i wonder if you can use that seaming tape stuff to adhere a fabric piece inside. it would look awesome with a contrasting fabric!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Line it, line it, line it. It's a great looking bag and you will want to use it. Prevent things from poking through (keys, etc.) - and make sure it keeps its shape! Totally worth it - nice job!

7:16 AM  
Blogger The Stitchin' Sheep said...

That's a really cute bag. Reminds me of a Phildar pattern I have with a glasses case to match.

Question, though... do you have any clothes? Because with all the bags you've been knitting lately, you either have a really, really large place to store them, or you just don't wear anything but the bags. I guess Georgia's warm enough to get away with that, right?

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, there! Did you whip that bag up without a pattern? If so, how about posting some directions for us less adapt knitters? That would be a fantastic bag for "young" girls...teens and stuff! I'd love to make that as a gift!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there " General Ginger " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home