General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

new LYS

Thank you all for your comments on my last post. I was happy indeed to see my Mom in law enjoy her bag right away. Like many other bloggers out there I struggle to create beautiful pictures to put on my blog. I had no idea I had an aptitude for taking pictures until I started this blogging adventure last year, so this is a new, fun discovery for me. I think the consensus is that I've got to make one of these pot people next year. They are cute as the dickens'.

If you can believe this a new yarn store opened up here yesterday. Is this town big enough for two yarn stores? I'd only heard about it from my friend Max, who had moved away to Virginia. He received an email about the store opening. So I trucked on down there yesterday to see what it was all about.



Friends, it was beauteous. Not a lot of stock had arrived yet but what she did have was delicious selections. Since it was her first day I had to spend some money to help bolster her confidence that the business would be a success. I picked up some needles, a needle felting kit, some roving for the needle felting, and some Manos. I've never actually used Manos before and loved everything about it. The colors are rich, the texture soft, and the smell was invigorating. I guess I'd have to say that Manos del Uruguay is certainly all that! Even my dog liked it. I'm looking forward to knitting with it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Manos is great. My mom has made many things out of it and they all turn out great. You just can't beat the variation in color, it just looks awesome!

And two yarn store in one town? I'm jealous!

10:57 AM  
Blogger the knitrider said...

oh thats awesome you showed your support! new store owners are very unsure sometimes! that manos is beautiful, ive never had a chance to work with it yet!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I couldn't be more excited!! I'm in Macon quite often, even on Vineville so I'm ecstatic! Thanks for the good news!

Kathy

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Manos is gorgeous. I love love love those colours. I haven't knit with any yet, but it's on my list!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

What is a "needle felting kit"? I'm picturing trying to knit with felted needles and laughing at the absurdity.

10:06 PM  
Blogger eyeleen said...

Looks like you've got a great haul! I love that color of Manos. My dog likes it too.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home