General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

future object

Isn't she lovely? This sweater invokes slow nighttime walks along quiet stretches of beach. A very serene image indeed. This design is #11 from Vogue Knitting's spring/summer 2005 issue. This particular color of yarn seems to be sold out where ever I look, but no matter, it comes in lots of other colors too. What I don't like is the fact that the yarn is dry clean only. That is a phrase that usually doesn't exist in my world. Trendsetter Yarns Spiral (acrylic/polyamide) in #96 aqua. Anyone have any suggestions for a non dry cleaning substitute yarn?


I haven't been doing much knitting lately. I also still haven't gotten to the laundromat to felt my bags. Its been a very long week and its only Wednesday!

4 Comments:

Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

That's a beauty! I need to wander through the pages of that issue again soon...

8:16 AM  
Blogger sturdygirl said...

I am very intrigued by this one as well...but I am not sure my skills are up to the challenge! Do you think you'll make it? I will try and think of good subs and send them your way!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Tami said...

That one is cool. I Like that it has a hood. I really like the sleeves also. I would agree with Lauren and maybe try to find a cotton substitute.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm planning on doing this design too, but like you I'm looking for another yarn.Mostly because it is hard to get the original yarn here in Sweden. Maybe a blend of cotton and microfibre would be the best, I think the draped lace hem might get too heavy in a 100% cotton yarn...

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home