General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

FO flower washcloths

Before I get started looking around for my fair entry I thought I'd give these flower washcloths a try. The pattern is from one of my favorite books Weekend Knits by Melanie Falick. I always get inspired looking through this book and have enjoyed the objects I've knitted from it.



This pattern looks my complicated than it really is so I highly recommend it for a fairly new knitter. It took me about two hours total to complete one flower cloth over two nights while watching a one hour TV show. The worst part of the project is having to weave in all the ends! This is a fantastic item to pair with a bar of handmade soap as a thoughtful gift. You can't stop with just one so get going folks and you'll have several gifties for Christmas.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Very pretty! I started one a long time ago... I got one petal done and put it away. I really need to get it back out. Those would definitely make good x-mas presents. Congrats on your finishes!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've wanted to make these too, but I'm not sure what yarn would work best. All of my washcloths have been plain Sugar and Cream cotton so far. What did you use?

8:56 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Very cute! Great ideas for Christmas. Is it too early to get started on Christmas presents?

9:05 AM  
Blogger sturdygirl said...

Cute washcloths! Although I am not thinking about Christmas yet, I do need some hostess gifts! And those are just the ticket. Do you have the worming problem with that kind of chenille?

10:07 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

They turned out great! I have also been meaning to try those. Weekend Knitting is a great, great project book--if you haven't already done so, try the fingerless gloves (gauntlets, or whatever they are called) Sooooo simple, and kids (girls) just love them
Do you also make soap? I do, but haven't in a while.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Jemnifer said...

those look great! i've made a couple too - did you use the crystal palace chenille or a different yarn? i'd like to find a suitable yarn that isn't as expensive as the cotton chenille (although the cotton chenille texture is really nice) . . .

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home