General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Friday, June 10, 2005

prize & distraction knitting

I love it when unexpected treasures show up in the mailbox. My prize finally arrived from France! Isn't this a delightful set of treasures? I won the chicken naming contest over at the Stitchin' Sheep's blog a couple of weeks ago and look at the goodies she sent me: tasty tinned mints, some soothingly sensational smelling soaps, and a packet of herbs.



I think this prize was partially delayed because it rained all last week. Those of you in the southeast know what I'm talking about. It was highly unusual and put people in mind around here of the great flood of '94. Lucky for us it finally stop raining or rather, it slowed way down to just an hour's worth a day instead of continuously. My mail deliverer doesn't deliver in the rain. Yes, I know they're supposed to, but I almost never see them on my street when its wet outside. This is just one of those inconsistencies in life we must learn to live with.

I've had an odd feeling the last couple of days. Although I've been thoroughly enjoying knitting St. Brigid, my eyes have been inexplicably drawn to my stash. I keep wanting to rip open that Webs box, yank out some Lopi and whip up a groovy felted bag. I've been resisting the temptation because I want all my knitting energy to go towards the aran and it feels like a quick knit would be a distraction. But maybe I need the distraction. Perhaps I need the instant gratification that comes from having completed a project. After all, its been a long time since I've committed to working on such a long term project. I think I will give into this desire over the weekend and knit one up. A change of pace would be refreshing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

I think I did that while I knit St. B. -- I'd knit up a couple of hats over the weekend for an "FO fix" and then carry on with the big-time-commitment project!

10:40 AM  
Blogger The Stitchin' Sheep said...

Yay! I'm so glad your package finally arrived. Enjoy!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mail deliverer sounds like mine, the only difference being, I never seem to have mail delivered on Fridays...smile!

I always have at least three knitting projects on the go at once to keep myself from wondering whether or not the end will ever come to at least one long-term project.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home