General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Monday, January 24, 2005

weekend & Vogue knitting

Had a fantastic weekend of knitting, hiking, visiting with family, and dog park clean up. I finished grafting together my sweetheart's sock and knitted about four inches on the second sock. I had no idea that I was going to enjoy knitting with such tiny toothpicks. After this pair of socks I want to try a more patterned sock. Anyone have any pattern suggestions?


babbling brook along my weekend hike

Stopped off at the bookstore this weekend and could not resist Vogue Knitting. I've fallen completely in love with the Felted Flower bag designed by Nicky Epstein. I love it so much that I'm considering joining the Flower Basket Knitalong. What makes me want to do this you ask? Because I finished and felted my French Market Bag! What a fantastic experience. I will share more details and a picture soon.

What I found strange about this issue of Vogue Knitting was the faux cover. This cover is actually an advertisement for Lion Brand yarn. I thought this was kind of odd.

faux vogue cover

This is actually the real cover. Lion Brand has provided a couple of patterns on the front and back covers of this issue. Advertising certainly gets more and more creative every day.

real vogue cover

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, I subcribe to VK and I didn't get the faux cover with my edition.

10:47 AM  
Blogger sturdygirl said...

I would highly recommend Nancy Bush's "Knitting on the Road" book as a source of great sock patterns. The whole book is socks, inspired by different places around the world. I knitted the Whitby pattern, and I've noticed a number of people in blog-land have too - it's a great pattern because it looks really impressive but it's easy once you get the hang of it. Good luck with your socks!

12:03 PM  
Blogger General Ginger said...

Thanks Sturdygirl! I will add that one to my list of books to look for.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home