General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Friday, January 14, 2005

wool wine

Let me just tell you folks how much I am loving this Regia sock yarn. It is easy on the fingers, is very soft, is very prettily striped, and hasn't given me any problems at all. I'm about an inch away from starting the heel and am looking forward to working on them over the three day weekend. Yippee! I'm looking forward to using this yarn again sometime.


dyed-in-the wool wine

While out shopping a couple of weeks ago I ran across this Dyed-in-the Wool Wine and I could not leave the store without it. It is a 2001 Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough, New Zealand. I'm more of a merlot girl myself but this little sheep just followed me home. I haven't had the opportunity to crack that baby open yet. Have any of my blog readers tried it and are willing to give a wine review?

7 Comments:

Blogger kbsalazar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great bottle of wine! I'm going to have to look for that in my wine store. How fun!

Annie
http://knittygritty.spatterdash.org

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to try the wine, thanks for sharing the great find. I found more information about it here: http://www.lowcountryimports.com/DITW.html

Enjoy!

Lisa
Knotted Pixie

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm definitely going to have to be on the lookout for that one! I love the label -- it would be very cool if they started selling yarn, too!

Susan

http://labmom.typepad.com/labradorable

3:54 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

That truly is a cure label.

9:28 PM  
Blogger General Ginger said...

I am new at this whole blogging thing and wondered what would happen if I pressed a trashcan icon. I guess I know now. I accidentally deleated this awesome comment. Sorry!!!!

kbsalazar said...
I haven't tasted this one yet myself, but reports are good for the label in general. This particular wine is best consumed on the young side, and your bottle is prime for drinking now (don't save it, it won't improve with age). The 2002 vintage was a very good value in the US before the exchange rate popped up. It's still supposed to be a highly rated wine at a low price, but that price is higher than it used to be. Think seafood and asparagus, and happy sipping!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awis impetus upper primary pressuring infringed germany based scrutiny dances constrained
lolikneri havaqatsu

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home