General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

FO & new socks

Here is the finished orienteering hat. I think my sweetheart likes it a lot. I finished the cable band on a holiday roadtrip and topped it off the other day with a bit more orange.

orienteering hat


orienteering hat being modeled

I also started a new pair of socks for my other half. The last pair of socks I worked on were to get me ready to make a nice pair for him. I wanted to get used to using toothpicks (which I've done) and I also wanted to practice kitchnering so that it would be a lovely item. I'm excited about this next pair and hardly intimidated at all! I'm using Regia strato color, farbe 5745, partie 48134. He picked out the yarn himself and I think he did a great job. These are really nice colors.


current socks

4 Comments:

Blogger doubleknot said...

Great hat. Really liked the socks you finished also. Your sweetie did do a good job of picking out colors. Still having fun keeping track of your blog. Keep on knitting.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

What a great hat! Nice knitting!

8:14 PM  
Blogger General Ginger said...

Thanks ya'll!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Love the hat! That's a great pattern.

Nice colors on the sock!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home