General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Friday, January 07, 2005

FO with kitchner

Yippee! Sock one is complete. It was a bit tough coming down the home stretch on this one. I'm so, so glad that I ripped out, added more rows, then reknit the toe shaping. Now I've got a sock that will fit me.


completed sock

The groovy part is the toe finishing. Dig that groovy kitchner stitch man! I've never done kitchner before and was, frankly, quite intimidated by it. But thanks to Bagatell I was able to follow the wonderful directions on her page and figure it all out.

kitchner stitch

I think this sock intrigued me, well, sucked me in is probably more like it. I've already worked nearly four inches on the next sock. Yippee! I don't even notice how teeny, tiny the needles are any more. I'm not afraid that I'm going to snap one of those little bamboo babies in half. I simply get into the rhythm of the stitches and go to town. Amazing. I even signed up for the beginners Socapalooza. Ok all you sock knitters out there. Is this how it all starts? Will I be giving away nothing but socks next Christmas? Hey, can someone tell me the correct way to spell kitchner? kitchener?

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Congratulations on some great lookin' kitchenering. :o)

10:48 AM  
Blogger General Ginger said...

Thanks ya'll!!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home