General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Monday, January 10, 2005

situation

The good news is that I'm at the point of kitchnering the toe on the second wildfoote sock. The bad news is what I discovered when I turned the cuff down.

nearly complete

Notice that string just sort of hanging out in space? What the heck is that I thought as I was looking over the sock. For the life of me I couldn't figure out where that piece of yarn was coming from.


situation

I gave up trying to figure it out late last night. While trying to fall asleep listening to HPGoF I sat bolt upright in bed with the realization that I had made that mistake while reallocating my stitches on the needles. I remembered that I wanted to spread those stitches out a bit more since I had so few on one needle and too many on another. Without realizing it I must have slipped those stitches without knitting them. What a bummer!

Its simply impossible to go back at this point. The sock is virtually done and I've no desire to rip it all out and start over again. Its a good thing that I decided to make these socks for myself and that I've called them the practice socks since the beginning. But its a major hit to my perfectionist self!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sock is LOVELY! I'm working on being a recovered perfectionist...but of course I want to do THAT perfectly as well...teehee.
Greta

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice sock! Dobby would love it. That extra feature just proves that it is handmade!
Keep it up. . . .

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry too much about the string hanging out. "It's a feature...not a bug." I wouldn't rip back either. You could probably just duplicate stitch over it to hide it. That might work. At the very least it would prevent it from getting hooked on things. The colours are gorgeous!

Caro
http://splityarn.typepad.com

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could hook some kind of interesting charm or dangle from it. I've been intending to sew little worry dolls onto socks for ages.
Sharon (knitknacks)

11:30 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Love your jazzy socks. And don't worry about that string, just take a crochet hook and pull it through to the inside. Oh, and your dog is so cute!

11:33 PM  
Blogger General Ginger said...

Thank you all for your words of encouragement I loved reading them all. I guess I'm going to chaulk it up to experience and get going on the next pair of socks!

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home