General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Monday, January 17, 2005

almost an FO & French market bag

I'm 99% finished with the first of my sweetheart's socks. I really enjoyed knitting with this Regia yarn. I need a few minutes of quiet time in front of the computer to complete the kitchener stitch and it'll be all set. I'm planning to work on the other sock this week. As soon as I finish this pair of socks I'll be working on the sock pal's socks for sockapalooza.

nearly completed sock

I started the French market bag this weekend as well. I've been wanting to knit and felt something for a long time and this project really appealed to me. I'm using cascade 220 in some lovely browns.


cascade 220 for French market bag

So far, so good. I've nearly completed the bottom of the bag. I suppose I should have done a test swatch to see how it felts but I jumped the gun and went straight to the pattern. Have any of my blog readers felted this yarn before? Any helpful hints?


start of French market bag

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cascade 220 is considered by many to be THE BEST felting yarn. It felts marvelously. One of these days I'm going to have to do a French Market Bag....

Norma
http://nownormaknits2.typepad.com

5:06 PM  
Blogger doubleknot said...

The socks look nice and cozy. I am sure your sweetie will like them. I hope you post the progress of your felted project - that sounds so interesting.

4:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cascade felts beautifully. It's my first choice for a felting yarn. [Sounds like a commercial, but NAYY.]

Colleen
subwayknitter.typepad.com

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home