General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Thursday, January 27, 2005

wip & Knitting POLL

Someone really should have warned me. I had no idea this whole felting process was so addictive. I couldn't stop myself and cast on for another felted bag. This time I'm trying Lopi instead of Cascade 220.


Lopi bag

I guess that I should admit that I already finished knitting this bag and it is currently blocking. Wow, what a quick knit. I truly love how this bag is coming out too. More details and photos later.

Knitting POLL:
What do you keep your WsIP in?

Personally I have a different bag for every work in progress. I like to recycle shopping bags for this purpose so that I don't have to worry about the state of the bag in case it gets slung around, tossed about, or slightly crushed. Yep, that has happened to all of my knitting bags! I select bags based on size and ease of use. It must be large enough to hold the wip but not so large that it will be flopping around. It also must have handles. I'm a grab it at the last minute and go kind of girl. I lineup all my WsIP bags in one spot in the TV room and grab one or two as I'm going out the door somewhere. I also prefer a bag that is a little on the stiff side so that it stands up rather than flops over while resting on the floor. Whew. If only these manufacturers knew what their bags were being recycled for. They might make them to knitters' specifications!


what's inside the bag?

This is the bag that I used while knitting up the French market bag. I am happy to report that the quality of the bag is very high and can with stand lots of abuse.


a knitting project!

So the question of the day is: What do you keep your WsIP in?


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I have about three different places I keep my wips. I used to use the handy bag that my LYS gives out, but that is worn out now. I use a vera bradley bag, a basket in my bedroom, and a small vera bradley bag (make-up bag actually) for my small projects.

Annie
http://knittygritty.spatterdash.org

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Things have declined at my house,I'm afraid: current knitting projects are being dragged around in a cardboard box--successively lined, I might add, with the leftover bits of previous projects; very archaeological all the way around. Not very elegant, but oh well!

Lisa
http://blackwaterpark.typepad.com

11:41 AM  
Blogger amelia raitte said...

I keep mine in a big I 'heart' New York bag next to my couch. Projects to work on when I'm on the move (ie travelling to and from work every day), have to fit in my handbag (it's a capacious handbag) or in my gym bag if it's a gym day.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

I have three cloth totes that I use. I also use plastic bags from the grocery store. I have got to have a handle. I keep them stored high up out of reach from the dogs and cat.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger :-),

I keep each project in a big ziplock bag and then stick all of those bags into a big straw basket that I picked up in Rhinebeck a few years ago. Of course, everything ends up all over the living room when I am working on projects anywas....LOL.

Kim
http://thewoolenrabbit.typepad.com

7:07 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

I keep my projects in a bag much like your Pier 1 bag. I need to get a tote bag badly!! After looking at your lopi, I need to make a bag like that. It would be perfect for wips.

Also, I wanted to let you know, I really enjoy your blog. It's great!!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It pretty much covers Replica related stuff.

3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there " General Ginger " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog on gift while searching the web and wanted to tell you it is great. Feel free to have your participants view gift for more great ideas.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home