General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Thursday, February 03, 2005

crochet help needed

I'm working on this spider as a birthday gift. I couldn't figure out how to knit a sort of a circular ball so I decided to crochet it instead. I figured I could do it easier.

But, the thing is, it turns out that I pretty much suck at crocheting in the round. I crocheted the body in a fuzzy yarn but I think I must have increased too many stitches because it got kind of puckery. Ok, I guess the best way to explain the way it looked is to say it resembled a shower cap with its puckeriness. Um, ok, you can stop laughing now.

I don't really care that its this way on the body because it will sort of look lumpy after its stuffed and I think that's fine. Now I want to do the head in a regular non fuzzy yarn but its coming out all shower cap looking too, which I do not want for the head.

Ok, let me explain what I'm tring to do so you can advise me. I would like to crochet two pieces in the round then sew them together and stuff them for the spider head. How do I do this? What is the stitch ratio? Do I increase in every stitch on the round and then crochet one even or what? I'd actually rather crochet one big piece to simulate a round ball instead of the two pieces because I hate sewing things together. But if its more complicated this way then forget it. That is how I crocheted the body though.

Thank you, thank you to anyone who can help.

1 Comments:

Blogger General Ginger said...

Awesome Jenny. Thanks for the tips!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home