General Ginger Knits

random thoughts on knitting and the universe

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

TAGGED - music

It feels like it's been about a thousand years since I posted. Sorry about that ya'll! I finished a blue bag just like my green bag for a friend's birthday. She loved it but started to worry she might be allergic to wool after a few minutes of using the bag. What exactly are wool allergy symptoms anyway? I've also been working on my sweetheart's socks. I'm planning to start my sock pal's socks this weekend.

I've been tagged!

1. Total amount of music files on your computer?
No idea. Probably not as many as most folks since I'm not too interested in the latest technology. Most of my files came from those ol' free Napster days.

2. The CD you last bought is: Nude on the Moon the B-52's Anthology. I've been hearing songs from this album a lot the last few months in various shops. I finally picked up a copy at a collegetown indie record shop a few weeks ago.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message? Siren by Tori Amos. I've come to realize in the last few years that 90% of the cds I own are actually sound tracks. I wonder what that means? I've seen lots and lots of films and when the music is good I tend to pick up the album. The songs usually bring back the memory of the feelings that I experienced while watching the movie.

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

I'm going with the mean a lot to you songs:

  1. Love is only sleeping by the Monkees
  2. Landslide by Stevie Nicks
  3. Tainted Love by Soft Cell
  4. Bela Lugosi's Dead by Bauhaus
  5. Raspberry Beret by Prince
Wow, am I dating myself or what? I used to watch the Monkees on TV when I was a kid. I was totally crazy about them. I don't feel too bad admitting this since I've seen other folks such as Alison admit her fondness for them too! Stevie Nicks is the queen and nothing makes me feel so powerful as Landslide. Yeah, I've seen her in concert, twice, and saw the Fleetwood Mac reunion tour. Tainted love is the quintessential 80s tune. Come on, you know you do some seat dancin' when it comes on the car radio. The dance club I used to frequent in the early 90s used to always close down at 3a.m. with Bela Lugosi's Dead. Then they'd snap the cold, bright lights on and you could truly see who you'd been dancing with all night! LOL. Nothing, I repeat, no other song, can turn my mood around more quickly than Raspberry Beret. Of course, I may go deaf early because I also cannot seem to listen to that song without turning the volume way up and, of course, singing along with the tune at the top of my voice! Maybe I should buy a copy of this song since it's such a cheery little ditty.

5. Who are you going to pass this to? (3 persons) and why? Tami because I'd love to see what her list is like.

And in case you're wondering. It's Mike. It's always been Mike.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tami said...

Thanks for the tag. I just completed and posted. I am just like you about 90% of my CD's are Soundtracks. If I go to the movies and like the songs playing I usually head out and buy the CD right after leaving the movie.

Some of my favorite soundtracks are: Love Actually, Bridget Jones Diary, When Harry Met Sally, Hope Floats, Serendipity, & The Other Sister. Oh and of course Grease.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home